Help! Painting Lid of Pro 575 Bronze

BigD234

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575
My wife and I found a used Pro 575 in front of a gentleman’s house for sale. I did a Google search and found that it was discounted a minimum of $300, so being that I was going to purchase one anyway, we bought it. It works as advertised. The Wifire does not work, but Traeger is sending me a control board upgrade “for free”. The only issue I can find is that the bronze lid is faded and no one can tell me the color. I may be able to color match it and order high temp paint if I only had a color code. Can one of you help?

Congrats on the new Traeger! Great forum here you have stumbled upon.

I can’t help you. I like the bronze lid model though myself. Mine is black, but if I would’ve purchased myself I think I would have gone with the bronze.

But…..silly question maybe……if you are willing and want to order high temp paint why not just order whatever color you want and get more custom with it? It’s not a super big lid or anything

I can’t help you. I like the bronze lid model though myself. Mine is black, but if I would’ve purchased myself I think I would have gone with the bronze.

But…..silly question maybe……if you are willing and want to order high temp paint why not just order whatever color you want and get more custom with it? It’s not a super big lid or anything
Thank you for your response. I like the out of the box color of the bronze. The one I have use to be and still is bronze (slightly). Because it is in great shape, if I could freshen up the paint on the lid, it would look new.

You could try some light duty rubbing compound and elbow grease to see if the oxidation comes off. Or even some paste wax. Do a small area and see what happens. As far as a paint code you’d have to call Traeger but I’m thinking it’s a special paint mix.

You could try some light duty rubbing compound and elbow grease to see if the oxidation comes off. Or even some paste wax. Do a small area and see what happens. As far as a paint code you’d have to call Traeger but I’m thinking it’s a special paint mix.
I seriously doubt they’d tell you. Best bet would be to try to match off a physical sample.

Thank you Timmy.

rusto.JPG

That looks photoshopped!
Of course it's photoshopped!!! I thought everyone would get the joke... sorry.
HOWEVER, I own a Bronze 575 and I'd try this color for sure!!!

Of course it's photoshopped!!! I thought everyone would get the joke... sorry.
HOWEVER, I own a Bronze 575 and I'd try this color for sure!!!
Got me!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have looked and quickly realized it was in fact photo shopped. The heat rating of that paint is not close to high temp. Thank you for the laugh.

Here's a replacement lid but it's a bit steep. https://pellet-stove-parts-4less.co...cement-bronze-barrel-lid-assembly-for-pro-575 Personally I would find a bronze lid on a new Traeger (any model) and then take your lid and pic to some place in your area that does powder coating. Probably less expensive (although) I haven't checked, than sand, primer, find the right color, and paint. Hope this helps

My wife and I found a used Pro 575 in front of a gentleman’s house for sale. I did a Google search and found that it was discounted a minimum of $300, so being that I was going to purchase one anyway, we bought it. It works as advertised. The Wifire does not work, but Traeger is sending me a control board upgrade “for free”. The only issue I can find is that the bronze lid is faded and no one can tell me the color. I may be able to color match it and order high temp paint if I only had a color code. Can one of you help?
I recommend just finding any hi-temp paint in a color you like and go with it. I promise the paint color won’t change the taste of your meat one bit.
Have fun with your newly purchased traeger!

Back