On/Off Switch Problem

fahatten

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
hello Traeger nation - I’m new to Traeger pellet grills, about a year. Have many of you had on/off switch failure? Mine is not powering on but the switch is blinking? Silverton 810.

Did the Silverton ever work properly?

Have not had issues with it until now. I’ve used it quite a bit. The temperature swings are a little annoying but it worked fine until the electronics broke down.

Check to make sure the power cord is properly plugged into the socket on the bottom of the hopper. It is designed that way to make sure water does not get into the connection, but it is quite easy for the plug to come loose.

I leave my grill connected at all times with the plug attached and the on-off switch in the "on" position. If the issue is the on-off switch, you can pick up a replacement at the hardware store. If the issue is the controller, then replacement is rather expensive.

I've had to replace my display screen once, cooked a few times, now my on/off switch blinks, replaced it with a new one and it blinks! Only had grill two months. A silverton 620

Check to make sure the power cord is properly plugged into the socket on the bottom of the hopper. It is designed that way to make sure water does not get into the connection, but it is quite easy for the plug to come loose.

I leave my grill connected at all times with the plug attached and the on-off switch in the "on" position. If the issue is the on-off switch, you can pick up a replacement at the hardware store. If the issue is the controller, then replacement is rather expensive.

Thanks. Although not the first thing I check, which probably should have been, it did get checked. Seemed to be snug. Check GFI, changed extension cords, and then punted and called customer service. They believe power block and/or power switch bad. On/off switch blinking as well as the green light on power block when switched on. They are sending me new to replace.

Latest Discussions

Back