Help! No Power

Andygolfpro

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I have the Pro 575 and got it about 3 weeks ago. I used it yesterday and I left it outside while I was across town. It snowed about and inch and when I got home I immediately got the snow off of it and pulled into the garage. I tried to use the grill today, I plugged it in and got ready to go, but the power switch on the back didn't light up. When I tried to turn it on, the main power switch started flashing. I looked at other forums and websites, the power cord is fine visually, the outlet works with anything else I plug into it. I didn't see anything out of order with the control panel. It did get below freezing last night and I don't have an insulated garage.
I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't seen that before or even read about it here. I think you had better call an electrician .

I have the Pro 575 and got it about 3 weeks ago. I used it yesterday and I left it outside while I was across town. It snowed about and inch and when I got home I immediately got the snow off of it and pulled into the garage. I tried to use the grill today, I plugged it in and got ready to go, but the power switch on the back didn't light up. When I tried to turn it on, the main power switch started flashing. I looked at other forums and websites, the power cord is fine visually, the outlet works with anything else I plug into it. I didn't see anything out of order with the control panel. It did get below freezing last night and I don't have an insulated garage.
Andy-

Nothing you did seems like it would cause the failure. My Silverton has been in cold, snow, and rain.
Call Traeger Customer Service to see if they have an idea. Interesting is that on/off illuminated switch flashes. That could be the key to trouble shooting.

Only no power issue I have had was when the electrical power cord came loose (unseated) at the grill side connection over time. It was still attached but not making electrical connection. Simply pushing the connector fully "seated" returned power.

I am having the exact same problem with my Pro 575! Also only a month old. If anyone has an answer please let me know!

Is the power cord loose? They unplug at the unit sometimes. Is your outlet hot? Test it with something else to check. Lastly, there is a fuse I believe but I’d have to google it to check. They used to be on the back of the controller years ago, not sure about the newer tech models though.

Customer Service is the first phone call I would make.

1-800-TRAEGER​

(1-800-872-3437)​

Had that "problem". It turned out to be a loose power cord. Mine plugs into the smoker from the bottom and it had worked slightly loose. Oh yeah, I went through the whole drill, checked the fuse, checked the outlet, checked everything twice, still no power, then I remembered the power cord. A lot of cussing and fussing for the very simplest thing of all.

Had that "problem". It turned out to be a loose power cord. Mine plugs into the smoker from the bottom and it had worked slightly loose. Oh yeah, I went through the whole drill, checked the fuse, checked the outlet, checked everything twice, still no power, then I remembered the power cord. A lot of cussing and fussing for the very simplest thing of all.
I had similar problem last year. I was going crazy trying to figure out why the grill would not power up. All my focus and attention was on my outlet. I recalled during that time how frustrating that was. Then turned out it was connection cord from the grill. It became loose since I moved it a lot.

But I need saw the blinking light, that is new to me.

Any luck with the flashing power switch issue? I’m having the same issue. When I flip the red power switch on it just starts flashing and I have no power to the control panel. Thanks

I'm having the same issue with my Timberline 1300. In the past it was the cord coming disconnected at the bottom of the grill, but even when I secure the power cord it just blinks once when I hit the switch. The grill is only about a year old and its covered after use.

Any luck with the flashing power switch issue? I’m having the same issue. When I flip the red power switch on it just starts flashing and I have no power to the control panel. Thanks
I'm having the same issue with my Timberline 1300. In the past it was the cord coming disconnected at the bottom of the grill, but even when I secure the power cord it just blinks once when I hit the switch. The grill is only about a year old and its covered after use.

Reading thru the thread and the only solution is check your power cord connection UNDER the unit

The OP hasn't been back here since Dec 2021

If it only a year old, it should be covered under warranty if you purchased it new. Call Traeger customer service.

Back