No control on heat

Vjacke

Reaction score
Grill
Treater jr
I have an older treager jr witch I have up dated the controller a couple years back. Well it started to smoke so bad on start up I thought fire department would show up and when the smoke dies Down the temperature rises fast to 400 and I had the controller on smoke. Well I put a new controller in and temperature probe in and it still does the same thing. The fan seems to run too high when in smoke mode also. Isn’t the fan controlled by temperature controller?

I have an old one also. I only use the smoke setting for the start up, about 15 minutes. I then set my controller up to a higher temp and again until I get to the temp I plan to smoke at. I don't notice my fan changing speeds but it might. You might try my way and see if there is any difference. if I have set my controller to the desired temp I want to smoke at it will over shoot and will come back down after a bit. Might be worth a try. Welcome to the site, you will probably get some better info from some of the pros on here.

Clean out your firepot and check the extension of the firerod. Had to extend mine out to about 3/8" and has been working great since. Unless I don't clean the firepot out more often...

Back