New Traeger temperature issues

TwoWeims

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton TFS62G
I have owned a century 22 for several years and have been extremely happy with it. I recently "upgraded?" to a Silverton 620 from costco.
I have tried a couple of recipes that were absolutely bulletproof on the century and they are turning out severely undercooked on the silverton.
After measuring the D2 controller temperature reading against a known good thermometer it looks like my new silverton is actually 20-50 degrees lower than the indicated temperature. I just bought this a few days ago and the firmware is 2.00.00.

It looks like this issue has been beaten to death here without resolution...
Any suggestions?

I have the same issue with my less than a week old Silverton 620. Did you ever get yours fixed?

I have owned a century 22 for several years and have been extremely happy with it. I recently "upgraded?" to a Silverton 620 from costco.
I have tried a couple of recipes that were absolutely bulletproof on the century and they are turning out severely undercooked on the silverton.
After measuring the D2 controller temperature reading against a known good thermometer it looks like my new silverton is actually 20-50 degrees lower than the indicated temperature. I just bought this a few days ago and the firmware is 2.00.00.

It looks like this issue has been beaten to death here without resolution...
Any suggestions?

If the update release schedule holds true (approx. every 60 days), Traeger should be releasing updates the 2nd/3rd week of July ... assuming your WiFIRE Controller is successfully connected to your Home Wi-Fi Network and not suffering from susceptibility to firmware corruption, you should receive updates to both Firmware & Config Version files ... Traeger does not divulge all of the "fixes" contained within each Firmware / Config Version release, so there is a possibility that you'll see some improvement once the controller is updated ...

Since Traeger's are essentially large convection ovens, you will see variances in barrel temps in different areas (hotter towards stack / airflow), so using multiple probes to map out the temps in different areas of the grill is recommended ...

If the update release schedule holds true (approx. every 60 days), Traeger should be releasing updates the 2nd/3rd week of July ... assuming your WiFIRE Controller is successfully connected to your Home Wi-Fi Network and not suffering from susceptibility to firmware corruption, you should receive updates to both Firmware & Config Version files ... Traeger does not divulge all of the "fixes" contained within each Firmware / Config Version release, so there is a possibility that you'll see some improvement once the controller is updated ...

Since Traeger's are essentially large convection ovens, you will see variances in barrel temps in different areas (hotter towards stack / airflow), so using multiple probes to map out the temps in different areas of the grill is recommended ...
I noticed that my RTD sensor looked bent. Got on a video chat with CS and he agreed that it didn’t look correct, so they are sending me a new one. I let him know that I tested multiple areas of the grill with my calibrated probe including near the RTD and all readings were about 50 degrees off with the set point at around 400 degrees.

It’ll be interesting to find out how difficult replacement is since I can’t find videos and manuals specific to the Silverton

I have the same issue. Is there a resolution? I'm off by about 50 degrees at 500 and 35 degrees at 350. I already spoke with customer service and replaced the thermocouple.

I have the same issue. Is there a resolution? I'm off by about 50 degrees at 500 and 35 degrees at 350. I already spoke with customer service and replaced the thermocouple.
Personally, I don't cook over 325-350 but that aside, most members purchase a Fireboard or similar unit with pit probes and meat probes. I mounted one right next to the Traeger TC using stainless pipe strap and I usually place another on the left side of the grill to the rear using grill clamps. Sadly, the factory probes are notoriously inaccurate. They're only there to allow the auger to feed pellets AFAIC.

"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live";)

Same issue here. I've also changed out the TC and gotten a new probe from Traeger. Temp is still off by 25-50 and probe is terribly inaccurate. I've quit using it. I have a GrillEye Max that is super accurate. I just dial in the pit to reach the temp I want.
And its rare that I need a cook hotter than 350 so I'm still in range even with the temp variation. If I need something hotter, it won't be smoked anyway so I use my gas grill.

Latest Discussions

Back