New Traeger pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy's Law

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780 Bronze
I guess my first question is, “why?” Personally, I’d rather add spice to the food being cooked. And once again they went with an 18# bag and a higher price point.

But I guess if they are going to use “flavor” they may as well use pepper and rosemary in addition to “oak” and “hickory” flavoring. :D

I am curious to read reviews from anyone on this site.

412F947D-F822-473E-B728-D60D5D6CBA70.png

Sounds ultra stupid,
Personally, I’d rather add spice to the food being cooked.
YES, instead of burning a spice, what good is that?? maybe throw a little incense in there too, and it can smell like a 7-11!!!!

Been warned for condescending behavior and language
I guess my first question is, “why?” Personally, I’d rather add spice to the food being cooked. And once again they went with an 18# bag and a higher price point.

But I guess if they are going to use “flavor” they may as well use pepper and rosemary in addition to “oak” and “hickory” flavoring. :D

View attachment 8412
There is no oak and or hickory flavorings. Those who can read know this. Those who either can't read or choose not to read , will be misinformed by people such as yourself. Shameful. Any flavorings are fully disclosed in a few specialized pellets and are harmless. These are limited addition pellets made for a specific sector of consumers. Might be great. 🤷🏼‍♂️ There are some other specialized pellets made in conjunction with others that also employ this tactic (Leinenkugel's, Mondavi blend, real Tree?) ho hum

However, there are those with foil hats and irrational thoughts that will find them sinister or bad. Of this I’m sure. Mind you, this is not based upon performance or taste. Those that claim that, I call BS. The blind taste test proved that and embarrassed a couple highly seasoned pitmasters and BBQ experts that had erroneous preconceived notions. Same is true here. Guys get something in their head and spout off about it for a period of time and are too small an individual to admit they are wrong and have been swayed by marketing from competitors. It's ok. Just don't lie about it. When you say they use Oak and Hickory oils to flavor the pellets, that's a lie. Shameful.
On another related note: continue on if you'd like to consider what you really might be ingesting. At least potentially. No one really would know for sure.

How many offset guys use wood that has the bark removed only?
Why do they insist on removing the bark?
Do you use a pellet that has bark left on it?
Do you buy pellets from a manufacturer that owns their mills?

Many of the popular brands used by people around here leave the bark on the wood when making pellets in an effort to increase smoke profile. Is that safe? 🤷‍♂️ I use a brand that leaves the bark on fairly regularly in one of my pellet cookers. Although I'm not living in irrational fear like some folks around here. Although the ones that left the bark on didn't win the blind taste test either. hmmm. The ones bashed by this guy won hands down. Oh, the embarrassing results!

Do you cook with pellets that leave the bark on?
Why?
Aren't you concerned about the potential chemicals?
Who puts chemicals in their pit?
Use whatever you wish, but don't be swayed by irrational internet keyboard cooks that think they know what they are talking about because they can cook pulled pork. 90%+ of stuff spewed about pellets and charcoal and related BBQ products is BS regurgitated by sheeple who don't know what they are talking about. More goes into the production of pellets than most know and there are many factors to consider that most would never even consider. For many consumers, the price is the biggest factor and whichever is less expensive is "better". Products don't get to be number one in sales because they are crap. Lot's of great options out there for you to choose from. Enjoy your cooking and make yourself a better person by refraining from using lies to bash products. Of course the Moderator on here will bash products in an uneducated fashion because it's cool. Then he will censor my rebuttal because he looses the argument. Cool guy. I bet he uses pellets with poisonous bark. How else do you explain his intellect? 😁

There is no oak and or hickory flavorings. Those who can read know this. Those who either can't read or choose not to read , will be misinformed by people such as yourself. Shameful. Any flavorings are fully disclosed in a few specialized pellets and are harmless. These are limited addition pellets made for a specific sector of consumers. Might be great. 🤷🏼‍♂️ There are some other specialized pellets made in conjunction with others that also employ this tactic (Leinenkugel's, Mondavi blend, real Tree?) ho hum

However, there are those with foil hats and irrational thoughts that will find them sinister or bad. Of this I’m sure. Mind you, this is not based upon performance or taste. Those that claim that, I call BS. The blind taste test proved that and embarrassed a couple highly seasoned pitmasters and BBQ experts that had erroneous preconceived notions. Same is true here. Guys get something in their head and spout off about it for a period of time and are too small an individual to admit they are wrong and have been swayed by marketing from competitors. It's ok. Just don't lie about it. When you say they use Oak and Hickory oils to flavor the pellets, that's a lie. Shameful.
On another related note: continue on if you'd like to consider what you really might be ingesting. At least potentially. No one really would know for sure.

How many offset guys use wood that has the bark removed only?
Why do they insist on removing the bark?
Do you use a pellet that has bark left on it?
Do you buy pellets from a manufacturer that owns their mills?

Many of the popular brands used by people around here leave the bark on the wood when making pellets in an effort to increase smoke profile. Is that safe? 🤷‍♂️ I use a brand that leaves the bark on fairly regularly in one of my pellet cookers. Although I'm not living in irrational fear like some folks around here. Although the ones that left the bark on didn't win the blind taste test either. hmmm. The ones bashed by this guy won hands down. Oh, the embarrassing results!

Do you cook with pellets that leave the bark on?
Why?
Aren't you concerned about the potential chemicals?
Who puts chemicals in their pit?
Use whatever you wish, but don't be swayed by irrational internet keyboard cooks that think they know what they are talking about because they can cook pulled pork. 90%+ of stuff spewed about pellets and charcoal and related BBQ products is BS regurgitated by sheeple who don't know what they are talking about. More goes into the production of pellets than most know and there are many factors to consider that most would never even consider. For many consumers, the price is the biggest factor and whichever is less expensive is "better". Products don't get to be number one in sales because they are crap. Lot's of great options out there for you to choose from. Enjoy your cooking and make yourself a better person by refraining from using lies to bash products. Of course the Moderator on here will bash products in an uneducated fashion because it's cool. Then he will censor my rebuttal because he looses the argument. Cool guy. I bet he uses pellets with poisonous bark. How else do you explain his intellect? 😁

So you're saying I can't read, have a tin foil hat, and irrational thoughts? Did I miss anything because I really don't pay any attention to anything you write. I honestly posted this thread to bait you and you sure as hell didn't fail to deliver! ;)

Thanks for playing!!

PS: I can read and I understand patent language too!

Abstract
The present invention relates to flavored wood pellets and a method of making flavored wood pellets. The wood pellets of this invention include wood particles, lubricant, and wood oil. Another aspect of the invention is a method that includes mixing wood particles with lubricant and wood oil, heating the mixture, and forming the mixture into pellets

Easy does it, guys.

View attachment 8412
I guess there are people who are always trying to make their brisket better. I think a good rub and 100% Hickory can't be beat. IMHO.

So you're saying I can't read, have a tin foil hat, and irrational thoughts? Did I miss anything because I really don't pay any attention to anything you write. I honestly posted this thread to bait you and you sure as hell didn't fail to deliver! ;)

No crap! What an evil genius! 🤣

Thanks for playing!!

PS: I can read and I understand patent language too!

Abstract
The present invention relates to flavored wood pellets and a method of making flavored wood pellets. The wood pellets of this invention include wood particles, lubricant, and wood oil. Another aspect of the invention is a method that includes mixing wood particles with lubricant and wood oil, heating the mixture, and forming the mixture into pellets
When was that written? Do you actually know how they are made and what is in them? You are simply wrong. Hang your hat on some abstract patent language from a decade ago if you’d like. Doesn’t change anything. Go see for yourself. There is plenty of other language out there that’s far more current and is correct that contradicts that old patent. Also, they won the taste test. So there’s that🤣

how about that bark in pellets? Have you researched that like the rest of this stuff.

Just remember, things you can read on the internet often don’t tell the whole story. I suggest you request a tour of a facility. Maybe then you will know. In your case, maybe not. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Whatever. Keep reading.BTW, its Clear you read what I write but not all of it and your comprehension is that of a child. Murphy law strikes again with you. 🤦🏼‍♂️

When was that written? Do you actually know how they are made and what is in them? You are simply wrong. Hang your hat on some abstract patent language from a decade ago if you’d like. Doesn’t change anything. Go see for yourself. There is plenty of other language out there that’s far more current and is correct that contradicts that old patent. Also, they won the taste test. So there’s that🤣

how about that bark in pellets? Have you researched that like the rest of this stuff.

Just remember, things you can read on the internet often don’t tell the whole story. I suggest you request a tour of a facility. Maybe then you will know. In your case, maybe not. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Whatever. Keep reading.BTW, its Clear you read what I write but not all of it and your comprehension is that of a child. Murphy law strikes again with you. 🤦🏼‍♂️
- When was that written? Well, you said a decade ago, so I am assuming your question was rhetorical and I don't have to answer??
- Do you actually know how they're made? No more than I or anyone else not working at Traeger. Give it up. Seriously.
- They won a taste test? WTH does that have to do with anything? Oh, they won...that just proves...NOTHING!
- Bark on pellets? What are you even talking about? Non-sequitur much? Bark, geez son...stick on topic, will ya! We're talking about flavoring oils, not natural bark!
- A child? Well, maybe a very smart child!

Now I did read this post because I find it highly amusing how you resort to name calling ALL. THE. TIME. You're too predictable but I am going to call out your BS. It's fun (and easy) to watch you get riled up.

Been warned for condescending behavior and languge
- When was that written? Well, you said a decade ago, so I am assuming your question was rhetorical and I don't have to answer??
- Do you actually know how they're made? No more than I or anyone else not working at Traeger. Give it up. Seriously.
- They won a taste test? WTH does that have to do with anything? Oh, they won...that just proves...NOTHING!
- Bark on pellets? What are you even talking about? Non-sequitur much? Bark, geez son...stick on topic, will ya! We're talking about flavoring oils, not natural bark!
- A child? Well, maybe a very smart child!

Now I did read this post because I find it highly amusing how you resort to name calling ALL. THE. TIME. You're too predictable but I am going to call out your BS. It's fun (and easy) to watch you get riled up.
You must not have read the link story. Figures. Oh well, others will read it and understand the context of bark in pellets when the topic is, what’s in your pellets.
Believe what you wish I guess.

Like you said, you don’t know and that was my point. A person who is by their own admission ignorant of the actual facts, but continually spews inaccurate information. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Great job of trolling btw. I was totally caught off guard. 🤣🤣 So sneaky! Oh that Murphy’s Law strikes again! 🤦🏼‍♂️

It's on their own GOV PATENT

It's not fake and it's not internet trolling, it's a fact!!!

And if you 'claim they are made different, then prove it!!!!! Don't just bash other forum members.

Disclaimer
Video from Traeger is 9 years old. Not sure what, if any, changes have been made to the production of their pellets

You must not have read the link story. Figures. Oh well, others will read it and understand the context of bark in pellets when the topic is, what’s in your pellets.
Believe what you wish I guess.

Like you said, you don’t know and that was my point. A person who is by their own admission ignorant of the actual facts, but continually spews inaccurate information. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Great job of trolling btw. I was totally caught off guard. 🤣🤣 So sneaky! Oh that Murphy’s Law strikes again! 🤦🏼‍♂️

You got me. I don't know. There. Feel better? :rolleyes:

I don't know what the problem is, but this sounds like well..... This isn't advancing the knowledge and understanding of BBQing, or using our Traeger grills. And it certainly isn't advancing a harmonious exchange of ideas so I'm going to take my toys and move on to a different thread. Nuff said.

I don't know what the problem is, but this sounds like well..... This isn't advancing the knowledge and understanding of BBQing, or using our Traeger grills. And it certainly isn't advancing a harmonious exchange of ideas so I'm going to take my toys and move on to a different thread. Nuff said.
And with that, once again because of one guy, the rest suffer, this thread is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back