My grill won't heat up pass 290 degrees.

Silverado

Reaction score
Grill
Pto 34
It heats up and then it goes down, then it goes up.
Never did reach 300 degrees.
Waited for hours,
Check pellets',
Check vents.
I was looking some kind of maintenance support or book or "Oh Forum"
You allow nothing that would suggest to me how to fix the problem..

Have you vacuumed out the ash?

If not, remove the grid, drip pan, and heat deflector and vacuum out all the ash and clean out the fire pot.

Friend of mine was having similar issues, he hadn't cleaned it in a long time. Sweeping out the pot fixed it.

Have you vacuumed out the ash?

If not, remove the grid, drip pan, and heat deflector and vacuum out all the ash and clean out the fire pot.
I scraped and cleaned out the whole bottom of the grill. It only had about a Gallon of ashes. Then I took the blower and blew it out.
Once everything was cleaned, I started it up again. After the initial start I turned it to 375 degrees. It took it 10 minutes to reach 200 degrees. It took another 20 minutes to get to 300 degrees and it did not go past that.

I scraped and cleaned out the whole bottom of the grill. It only had about a Gallon of ashes. Then I took the blower and blew it out.
Once everything was cleaned, I started it up again. After the initial start I turned it to 375 degrees. It took it 10 minutes to reach 200 degrees. It took another 20 minutes to get to 300 degrees and it did not go past that.
What kind of pellets are you using and how have they been stored?

I am using Traeger Signature pellets. I have them stored in a large dry 48" Tool box. Being in South Florida, the humidity is always high.
Do I need to keep the pellets in Air Conditioning, use a Damp Rod or maybe a Dehumidifier?

I think it easier to go back to gas. The first gas grill I owned was over twenty years before I had the first problem! This is only three years old and it costed ten times as much!

Back