Mods for Ironwood XL

JT350nCO

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood XL
I bought an Ironwood XL. I wasn't going to pay that much for the Timberline XL.

I called them and ordered the induction cooktop, KIT0833. It works on the Ironwood XL, and it works good! The reverse sears come out perfect. Everything is plug and play. The induction cooktop plugs into the back near where the main power cord goes. You select accessories from the menu and it will recognize and add the induction cooktop. It is quite easy.

I ordered the cutting board, KIT0651 and it fits perfectly. It has magnets on the bottom and attaches perfectly over the Ironwood XL hopper lid.

I have a pretty small back porch and I got tired of picking up the heavy end of the grill to move it around. I ordered the two left legs with caster wheels (KIT0708 and KIT0711). Each leg is about $50, so $100 for both. Now I can move the grill pretty effortlessly. You can replace the legs with the grill standing up. Replace one leg at a time. Remove the lower screws from the shelf, Let the shelf hang loose. Then remove the 2 top bolts. You can look at the thread inserts on the bottom of the new legs. The threads have to face in towards the shelf.

I love this Traeger and cook on it just about every night.

Welcome to the forum @JT350nCO 🍻 Congrats on the new Ironwood, it sounds like you got a great setup!

I wanted to do those upgrades to my XL

That induction cooktop is crazy expensive, I did want one till I seen the price. 1300 USD for the cooktop, way overpriced.
It will make the Ironwood XL into the Timberline price range.
I had Traeger X probes ordered until I realized the X probes do not have Ambient temperature sensors in them, and the X probes only work with the grill, they won’t work with the meater app and the meater probes will not link to the grills controller. IMO the X probes are Way overpriced for what they are, so I went with the Meater + so I could use it with my other grills. Given the temp issues with the new XL grills, the ambient temp sensor is important to me on bigger cooks.

Last edited:
Back