Low Temp Errors

Girevik

Media
Reaction score
Last several times I've tried to use the smoke setting, my grill shut down with a low temp error. I replaced the lining on the grease tray, which seemed to fix similar issues in the past but not this time. is the grill sensitive to the cooler temperatures now that we're moving into fall or do I have another issue?

what "grill" are you talking about?

what is the exact 'error'

Looking up that model, I believe it is a Junior 20, similar to the Bronson 20. Timmy on this forum has one of the latter and may be able to help. My guess would be that your auger is partly jammed and is not able to feed pellets fast enough.

Cold weather should not be a problem for a Traeger. The drip tray liner should have minimal effect on its operation. Maybe a thorough cleaning would help?

It seems to hold temperatures at settings higher than "smoke". Would it do that if jammed?

According to what I found, it is a Bronson 20. Here you can find the manual. https://www.traeger.com/manuals

The smoke setting does not run by temp. It is set with the PID and cycle on and off automatically. It may be set to low with the ambient outside temps getting colder and causing a flame out. I’ve never messed with the PID settings so I don’t know how to adjust it. If you call Traeger the should be able to tell you how to adjust it.

Back