LOW TEMP ALARM TEMBERLINE 850

REDOC

Media
Reaction score
Grill
TIMBERLINE 850
Ok have a pork lion on and ok was a fool and used the app. 180 for 3 hours or so and then finish at 350. Well this thing was running 375+ with a low temp alarm. So killed it started without app and cannot get my temps to hold. Used super smoke which sent it soaring I think, have no idea. And yes REM this is me with my third controller. Low temp alarm? Something to do with the fan maybe?? Have never seen it before. Oh the app beeped after and hour, cook complete and said my dinner was ready....haaaa. Been fighting this baby long time.

The app showed low temp, and 375F at the same time?
Were you running some kind of auto cook program?
What were your outside temp and wind conditions?

I too have had 3 controllers, but for unrelated issues to temp control or stability. Mine is always stable. I don't use the app for anything except for temp adjustments on long cooks. I use a Fireboard for all temp monitoring as I don't trust the Traeger's values.

Share what you know and we can try to sort out what's going on

The app showed low temp, and 375F at the same time?
Were you running some kind of auto cook program?
What were your outside temp and wind conditions?

I too have had 3 controllers, but for unrelated issues to temp control or stability. Mine is always stable. I don't use the app for anything except for temp adjustments on long cooks. I use a Fireboard for all temp monitoring as I don't trust the Traeger's values.

Share what you know and we can try to sort out what's going on
Yep strange as heck. Low temp alarm at 325 and climbed past 375+ in no time. No wind and 65 out here on the west coast. Yes started with the auto cook on the app and it went to 180 and beeped for the 3 hour cook but notice after mucho smoke it was at 325 running to 375+ with a low temp alarm. Reset everything after the temp alarm. But still would climb past say 225. I just stopped posting because it was so often. Have to look at my past post. There was a dealer in the foothills here in CA. that said his dealership stood behind the Traeger name and offered to look at it. Did not want to waste his time since I did not purchase from him. Gonna look him up. Thanks. Have that camera mounted in yours yet?

All I can say is, don't use the auto cook programs. Use the app only for monitoring and manual adjusting remotely.

I know that Traeger dropped most of that auto stuff, probably for a reason.

And, no, no pit camera in my future.

I hear ya. And saving for that fireboard for the summer. Thanks Again.

Latest Discussions

Back