Loud fan

Denoe

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hi. I just purchased a new Pro 575 a couple of days ago, and I find the I diction fan to be quite loud. It makes a high pitched whine. So I contacted Traeger support, and they told me the noise is normal and not covered under warranty.

So, I have decided to find an alternative fan.

I pulled the fan out, and found a helpful sticker with information about the manufacturer and model number. Seems to be a pretty standard 12v industrial fan with 4 pin PWM. Max RPM is listed at 3500 RPM.

Has anyone here found a quieter replacement for this fan?

Attachments

• 8894E43B-7BE8-4419-A7C1-83FA520C9196.jpeg
    8894E43B-7BE8-4419-A7C1-83FA520C9196.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 117
I don't have this issue on my Pro 575, so I am guessing this is only on your fan. You could buy a replacement fan from Traeger:

Alternatively, you can try a local electrical shop and see if they have something that matches this fan.

I don't have this issue on my Pro 575, so I am guessing this is only on your fan. You could buy a replacement fan from Traeger:

Alternatively, you can try a local electrical shop and see if they have something that matches this fan.
Thanks - I thought about that, but apparently Traeger only ships within CONUS, so I can't order from their website.

My sister's Ironwood makes that whining noise as well. I just have the regular fan noise. Mine is probably 2 years older than hers is. Wonder if they started using a different fan.

If you have a smartphone, download one of the apps that can allow the phone to measure sound pressure.

I checked my IW885 and found the fan noise was only 50 dB with the phone held just below the pellet hopper where the fan is located. That is equivalent to a quiet office. When I opened the lid on the grill, the noise went up to about 70 dB which is similar to busy traffic noise. The later volume is loud enough to be annoying, but you do not normally leave the lid open for long.

Check your fan dB and see how your noise noise compares to mine.

Latest Discussions

Back