Laying the Traeger on its back for the joy ride home

jojosmokes

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 1300 plus my super old Traeger
The dealer can setup the Traeger and put it in the back of my Tahoe. QUESTION: DO you see any risk in transporting the Traeger laying on it's backside for the ride home. I would have them leave off the Steel trays and legs so that I can attach those when home.

I was able to get my local Ace Hardware store to deliver my assembled Ironwood 885 on their lift-gate truck, which was ideal. However, I don't see any serious issue with transporting it on its back. Of course, if the dealer is not installing the legs and trays, I do not see a reason to remove it from its original shipping carton. The store won't be doing much in the way of assembly and there is too much risk of misplacing parts.

There are assembly videos online for most Traeger models. Take a look at them and determine whether to do the assembly yourself or have the store to some parts. That might change your thinking.

The dealer can setup the Traeger and put it in the back of my Tahoe. QUESTION: DO you see any risk in transporting the Traeger laying on it's backside for the ride home. I would have them leave off the Steel trays and legs so that I can attach those when home.
No, when I bought my 780 that exactly what I did. Tok everything loose out of the inside, bungy the lid shut. Taped the hopper shut and layed it on a blanket in it back. 15 miles car ride was just fun.

Back