Junior Elite

htoal2

Reaction score
Grill
Junior Elite
Hey guys and gals.... New to the forum and have done all the searching I know so I figured I'd start asking around. As the thread says, I have a Traeger Junior Elite (probably about 5 years old). Just recently it wouldn't come on anymore... Tried different extension cord/ outlet and still nothing. From there I began taking it apart. First the controller..... Noticed that the fuse was blown so that was the first thing I replaced. Turned it back on and it popped again. I ordered a new controller and installed it soon after. Immediately popped the fuse again. So I started troubleshooting by plugging in the fan and the auger motor wires one at a time and sure enough it was the auger motor. Without hesitation I ordered a new motor and installed that.... Here is where it gets interesting. On my control board I have a shutdown setting on my dial and also a switch that turns the entire unit off and on. Immediately when the switch is turned on the auger starts feeding pellets.... Even in the shutdown mode and it never stops!!!! Even with it on smoke it was reaching 450+ degrees. I thought it could then be a faulty control unit.... Nope remember I purchased a new controller.... Does the exact same thing with the new controller.... Only thing I can think is that it's the motor. Please HELP!!!! I miss smoking meats.

Bummer, it's probably a bad new controller. The motor is a simple device, the controller switches the motor with a relay most likely.

I sympathize with you after hearing this news. It may be a product problem, or your operation is not correct. If the problem is not resolved, you can try to buy a new one. I am also using the Traeger series grill, I bought it on this website-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/search?type=product&q=traeger&options[prefix]=last, it's okay, there is no big problem at present, the quality is still good, you can take a look Is there some product you need, I hope my answer can help you.

sorry to hear your having issues. you must have the auger wires crossed with the fan wires. double check your wiring.

Latest Discussions

Back