Ironwood 650 Lower Grate doesn't fit

billyhsat

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
Hi all! First time poster and Traeger owner here. I have an Ironwood 650 (April 2019 build), and the lower grate doesn't seem to fit inside the front lip of the grill body--and that's with the indent at the back and front. I've got it sitting just above the drip pan. If I try the middle shelf, the grate sticks way out. According to Traeger and after measuring my grate, it appears the correct size. Any thoughts?

Can you post a picture? Make sure you include how you're positioning it.

image_123927839 (1).JPG
image_123927839 (4).JPG
image_123927839 (3).JPG

My current grate measures 19.5" depth by 21.5" width which I believe is too deep and not wide enough.

Mine does the same thing if I try to put it all the way on the bottom like that. It should be up and in that bracket. Here's a pic (sorry for the mess. Haven't had a chance to clean it yet since my last cook):

Attachments

• IW650.jpg
    IW650.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for your pic! Yours looks like mine did lol! Just cleaned it yesterday. When I do put mine on the rack yours is on, it sticks out even further it seems. Not like yours at all. I'll post a pic of that today. I ordered one from Traeger yesterday that they say measures 22x19 which would make sense from a fit perspective. Does yours have the fan in the back or a chimney? Mine has the fan.

Weird. Maybe someone swapped in a grate from the wrong grill during assembly? Or did you assemble it yourself?

I've had mine for a while now and never realized the grate can be positioned at the bottom as well. I don't use it for searing so I always just left it alone. But after I just moved it around a little more, I did get it to fit correctly in that position as well.

Here’s the grate on the middle rack. It is possible that someone swapped it out I guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 32
I wonder what grill that grate is even from. It'd be too small for the other Ironwood or Timberline models. And the Pro series doesn't have the notch in the back unless they changed something. But the size is about the size of a Pro 575 grate. Maybe one of the Costco models? I don't remember seeing the notch in the Silverton either though. Strange.

Right? It is definitely strange. Thx for engaging and helping out. We’ll see what the grate is that I ordered from Traeger yesterday. Hopefully fixes all probs!

Back