Help! IPhone

Regmikewall

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
We have a Tinberline 850, the D2 & my iP one are connect to my home network; i can not get my iPhone to connect to the grill, any suggestions?

Just wondering did you add the grill in the app I have iPhone
Tried, it took me thru the process of connection, the traeger grill is in my wifi list; however when it say connecting, the grill says it is connected, the failure is when it tries to connect to the app (i believe that is the case)

Hmm not sure on that one. There will be somebody give you a answer on that soon. When they see your post

If you haven't checked already
You have to have your iPhone connected to 2.4 ghz network. Make sure of that first, the pairing will not work if you aren't.
Then put your iPhone in airplane mode, then on Wi-Fi and make sure you are connected to the 2.4 ghz network, and try to initiate the pairing again
Once you are connected your iPhone can connect to a 5 ghz network again and the app and grill will still work. Just the initial pairing they both need to be on a 2.4 ghz network
Good luck. Lots of people have had issues with the connection. There are lots of posts regarding mesh routers, etc. on the forum

If you haven't checked already
You have to have your iPhone connected to 2.4 ghz network. Make sure of that first, the pairing will not work if you aren't.
Then put your iPhone in airplane mode, then on Wi-Fi and make sure you are connected to the 2.4 ghz network, and try to initiate the pairing again
Once you are connected your iPhone can connect to a 5 ghz network again and the app and grill will still work. Just the initial pairing they both need to be on a 2.4 ghz network
Good luck. Lots of people have had issues with the connection. There are lots of posts regarding mesh routers, etc. on the forum
Thank you, i have determined that my network broadcasts both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz, does this make a difference?

No it doesn't make a difference, most of them do that now.
You need to make sure that your iPhone is connecting to the 2.4 for pairing on the initial set up. If you aren't sure it is, and you are familiar with your router software, you can always temporarily turn off the 5 ghz broadcast.
Easiest is to connect to the 2.4 manually in the iPhone. Set your iPhone in airplane mode, turn Wi-Fi on and then make sure you are connected to your 2.4 ghz network. If not, manually select it from your Wi-Fi connection settings on the phone.
Once you are are on the 2.4, run the pairing connection again in the app.
After you are done and the grill is set up, you can turn off airplane mode and reconnect your phone to the 5 ghz network

Back