Hot rod not getting hot

capps2330

Reaction score
Grill
BBQ075
Hello, I have a traeger model: BBQ075. My grill will not ignite the pellets. I replaced the hotrod with a brand new one and also checked the fuse and it is good. The fan is turning on also. I turn the grill on and the hot rod has no heat what so ever. Could it possibly be the control panel that is bad? Thanks

What you might try if you have a volt / ohm meter is to unplug the hot rod at the circuit board and read the board contacts to see if you are getting a voltage reading. If no voltage is present you probably have a bad controller. For safety reasons I would unplug the hot rod with the unit unplugged from the power source. I would then plug the controller back in the power source and take a reading of the controller contacts where the hot rod plugs into, then unplug from the power source before continuing on. The other item you might check is the thermocouple, if it is bad it won't tell your controller to apply current to your hot rod. Hope this might help, and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
I would call Traeger support and have them help you diagnose the issue, since it is a brand new part. They were able to connect with me via video chat and look at the problem directly. There is a chance it could be a control panel problem.

Latest Discussions

Back