High pitched whiny noise coming from fan area

JD20

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
I recently purchased an Ironwood 885. I noticed that there is a high pitched whiny noise coming from around the fan. I removed the bottom hopper cover to take a closer look and as soon as I did that the noise stopped. I placed my hand close to the fan and the noise came back. It seems the issue is the bottom hopper cover being to close to the fan. Is this normal? The whiny noise is loud during cooks and almost unbearable during the Shutdown cycle. I've seen some people online complain about this same issue and one guy suggested adding a fan gasket. Also, I spoke with Trager support and it seems like there's a lot of tickets open for this as well. They'll be sending me a new fan, but I don't think it's the fan itself. Do you guys have any solutions or have you guys experienced this in the past? Any help is appreciated.

My Pro 780 has this as well. I notice when I push down on the hopper it goes away, or at least lessens a great deal.

i made a video and have been meaning to call Traeger but just get busy and forget.

My Pro 780 has this as well. I notice when I push down on the hopper it goes away, or at least lessens a great deal.

i made a video and have been meaning to call Traeger but just get busy and forget.
Thanks for the input. I loosened the fan screws just a tad bit and it seemed to help. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Back