Hard Core Carnivore, Meat Mitch, Meat Church

traeger860

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Ironwood 650, Weber Genesis, Anova Precision Cooker.
I've been using Meat Church for a while. Love their products and I've learned a lot from watching Matt Pittman. Always had to buy it online when I lived in CT. Just moved to FL and found a few stores near me that stock it. Also saw a bunch of Hard Core Carnivore and Meat Mitch products on the shelves when I was at Academy Sports. I picked up the HCC "Black" and MM's "RUB". Anyone ever try these? Thinking the "Black" rub will make a nice bark on a brisket.

I doubt if it's in the store down there but you may also want to try Bearded Butcher Black, as well! I just put some on a tri tip last night and it was very good!

I doubt if it's in the store down there but you may also want to try Bearded Butcher Black, as well! I just put some on a tri tip last night and it was very good!

Thanks. I actually just saw that one in a comparison (vs. the HCC Black) video on YouTube. I don't remember seeing it in the store, but I'll check again next time I go.

The HCC Black has activated charcoal in it which is what gives it the color. Sounds interesting. I'll get it on some steaks later this week and let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks. I actually just saw that one in a comparison (vs. the HCC Black) video on YouTube. I don't remember seeing it in the store, but I'll check again next time I go.

The HCC Black has activated charcoal in it which is what gives it the color. Sounds interesting. I'll get it on some steaks later this week and let everyone know how it goes.
Looking forward to your review!

How did the HCC Black and the BB Black compare on the video you saw? I believe the "black" in the BB Black is coffee.

Looking forward to your review!

How did the HCC Black and the BB Black compare on the video you saw? I believe the "black" in the BB Black is coffee.
Both got good reviews:

I think he was expecting them to be more similar because of the names.

Used the HCC "Black" rub on some NY Strips last night. I was only able to get my grill up to 550 or so. I thought the flavor was pretty good. I do think it would have been better if I cooked them on something a lot hotter and got a nicer crust on the steaks.

I'm looking forward to trying it on a brisket on the Traeger soon.

Next time I'll break out the torch

Picked up a jar of HCC Black today at Buc-ees's in Temple, TX. Pricey rub at almost $12 for 13 oz. Will try it on some steaks first.

Last edited:
Back