Grill not holding temp on "smoke"

Girevik

Media
Reaction score
I have a little baby Traeger (Junior 20 or something like that) and all of a sudden will not hold temp at smoke level. It gets warmed up, but then will eventually shut down with a low temp, LEF error. I can use 180, but it's getting pretty frustrating. I've cleaned it out really well to no avail. I've been wanting a grill with wi-fi, so I'm about to switch to a Camp Chef or Pitt Boss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on?

Post a picture of the control panel please.

20211226_144251.jpg

The p setting may be incorrect for your outside air temp. It could also be malfunctioning. Here is a vid that explains the p setting.

Ok, thanks. Was not aware of that. So based on that I want to bump the P setting down a notch and try again. I'll do that now as we've got a really nice beef tenderloin I'm getting ready to smoke.

The p setting may be incorrect for your outside air temp. It could also be malfunctioning. Here is a vid that explains the p setting.
Thanks! That seemed to do the trick. I got a good hour in on smoke before pulling the beef off to crank up the heat and let it cook. Only problem is that I'm now down an excuse to upgrade my grill.
20211226_173656.jpg

Thanks! That seemed to do the trick. I got a good hour in on smoke before pulling the beef off to crank up the heat and let it cook. Only problem is that I'm now down an excuse to upgrade my grill.View attachment 8006
So ”break” it again, then fix it AFTER ya get a new one!!🤣

I have a little baby Traeger (Junior 20 or something like that) and all of a sudden will not hold temp at smoke level. It gets warmed up, but then will eventually shut down with a low temp, LEF error. I can use 180, but it's getting pretty frustrating. I've cleaned it out really well to no avail. I've been wanting a grill with wi-fi, so I'm about to switch to a Camp Chef or Pitt Boss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on?
Check out this controller and look at the manual page number 20.
I’ve replaced my controller with one of these and have never had a problem sense.

this company is the original producers of controllers for Traeger

I had that issue and when I replaced the thermocouple the issue went away

Back