grill grates

payzy

Media
Reaction score
Grill
ironwood 885
Has anyone purchased grill grates for your Traeger?If you have whats your feed back on it I don't want to spend $100 and waste my money.Thanks

Has anyone purchased grill grates for your Traeger?If you have whats your feed back on it I don't want to spend $100 and waste my money.Thanks
Great product. Perform as advertised. Very heavy grade anodized aluminum. Must buy imo.

I use these from my gasser
20220109_160151.jpg
IMG_20220109_170047_037.jpg

I have a T1300 the grates are a good addition to your cooking resources, they work as advertised ….

Ditto to the above - I have a set of 4 for my T-1300 and they indeed work well. In fact, you can even cook at a slightly lower temp as the grates heat up about 100+ (I think) above the pit temp. When you crank up to 400-450, they really sear quite well.

Ditto to the above - I have a set of 4 for my T-1300 and they indeed work well. In fact, you can even cook at a slightly lower temp as the grates heat up about 100+ (I think) above the pit temp. When you crank up to 400-450, they really sear quite well.
Slightly confused here. I was about to put my gates in for my next cook. Let's say a temp of 225F is required do you lower you pit temp until the gates read 225F (I have a digital heat reader)

I have a set and have only used them once. Maybe I should dust them off and give it another go.

I usually use cast iron on the gas for searing.

Slightly confused here. I was about to put my gates in for my next cook. Let's say a temp of 225F is required do you lower you pit temp until the gates read 225F (I have a digital heat reader)
Sorry... didn't mean to muddy the waters 🙂. All I meantv was that the grill grates sear because they get hotter than the regular racks, so. If you were to seat at 500 without them, you can wear at a lower temp.

When I do chicken breasts I keep the pit temp close to recipe, but I would set it to 165 if the temp called for was 250.

Hope that helps 🙂

I pulled the trigger! I want to get a nice seer when I cook steaks. The GrillGrate I got, however, is shorter (13.75) than the recommended (18.5) one for my Pro 780. I got this one to fit my Nexgrill table top gas grill that I have in the RV so I can take it on the road!

BTW, there is a coupon code - FREEGRATETONG - that gets you the grate tongs for free (23.99)! Their gloves are also on sale for 9.99 as well as their thermometers and other stuff.

All said and done, out the door for under $100 for grates, tongs, and gloves!

I purchased them but not for the Traeger, when I reverse sear I use them on the gasser. I heat them up to 400f while the meat ic cooking in the Traeger. If you wanted to reverse sear in the traeger you would go through a lot of pellets, so better on the gasser. But I am going to use them for other cooks just to see how they go.

I replaced my gasser with the Traeger and a set of GrillGrates for when I reverse sear. When cooking steaks I set the temp at max for the whole cook (total of 10 to 12 minutes). The steaks come out great and the pellet use is well within reason.

Back