Griddle Discussion (all brands)

CMTiger

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575 / Weber Genesis / Weber 28” Griddle / Orion Cooker
Let’s maybe try this again and see if it will not get closed down.

I’m really looking at something soon. Everyone knows that initial purchase is just the start. What are some must have accessories did you guys?

A good scraper or putty knife, heavy duty spatula with cutting edges, a melting dome or two. You can get accessories sets at good prices on Amazon.

Don’t forget parchment paper. It works great for making smash burgers, you can press the meat really thin and it won’t stick to the spatula.

What’s the big draw to the dome? I’ve seen that mentioned online too

Warming rack that slips down on the side is nice. I also bought a set of wind guards for mine.

What’s the big draw to the dome? I’ve seen that mentioned online too
I actually use my domes a lot on my griddle. Yea melting cheese for burgers and Philly cheese steaks, etc I steam veggies, potatoes, keeps chicken breast moist, steam buns. I’ve been using them for a long time, my buddies that have restaurants have used them for years. Sometimes I use one on my gas grill over chicken to help keep it warm and moist while others things are cooking.

I bought a temperature reading gun to find hot spots on my Blackstone.

Good choice, I have used one for sometime and it works well. I don't use it for protein, but you can check temp on various parts of your unit, lid, rack , tank, etc.

The tool you will use most often on your griddle is a spatula. Finding one that feels comfortable in the hand is critical. They come in many different sizes, shapes, weights, and handle designs. The set I purchased initially (same brand as my griddle) were cumbersome to use.

Check out this article by Flat Top King. He discussed pros and cons of various styles of spatula. I ended up purchasing the one he recommended and could not be happier. It is much lighter than my original ones and feels great in the hand. But you might prefer something different.

Some trays to carry ingredients out and or finished product in are very handy indeed.

5F0894BF-C503-4D75-A1EF-37226554D18B.jpeg

Back