Forever Unclean

Rex

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Although I'm not even remotely qualified to make such a diagnosis, I'm fairly certain my Traeger has OCD. Despite cleaning all of the components/areas on a regular basis (much more so than any pervious grill,) it tells me every other smoke to clean it. First of all, stupid grill, you're not the boss of me. Second, if I wanted someone to passive aggressively tell me to clean up after myself all the time I'd move back in with my mother (and as I'm in my 50's, that would be humiliating.)

Anyway, is there a way to shut this thing up short of a shotgun blast? Sure, I could ignore it, but every time it tells me to clean it I feel compelled to do exactly that, whether it needs it or not.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's me who has OCD.

I'm not sure you really are OCD, or you would have alphabetized the letters to be CDO.

Although I'm not even remotely qualified to make such a diagnosis, I'm fairly certain my Traeger has OCD. Despite cleaning all of the components/areas on a regular basis (much more so than any pervious grill,) it tells me every other smoke to clean it. First of all, stupid grill, you're not the boss of me. Second, if I wanted someone to passive aggressively tell me to clean up after myself all the time I'd move back in with my mother (and as I'm in my 50's, that would be humiliating.)

Anyway, is there a way to shut this thing up short of a shotgun blast? Sure, I could ignore it, but every time it tells me to clean it I feel compelled to do exactly that, whether it needs it or not.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's me who has OCD.
In the menu, settings and clear notifications

Menu, settings, Advanced Settings:

►Tell my grill to go to Hell
►Shut the %&#@ UP
►You sound like my wife!!!!
►Kiss My @$$
►I already cleaned you, YOU IDIOT!!!

When you turn the grill on, hold your beer in front of the screen until you think you've turned the knob to you're desired temp, push the ignite button and proceed to continue drinking said beer!!!
Problem solved!
Tim

After 35 years of my wife ignoring me, I’ve taken her lead and just ignore the grill. After all, I know when I clean the dam thing.

Back