Eero -> Wifire connection fix

coronazona

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 620
If you are fighting a network connection between your Traeger Wifire and an Eero Mesh network STOP, call EERO SUPPORT!
They answer the phone.

They help rather then charge for non-help or otherwise frustrate you.

They have knowledge of the specific issues AND will stick with you until you are HAPPY 😊

YOU, like me, will soon be enjoying your Treager.

Guys,
I work in IT and I had this issue the other week. We have a client that upgraded to a eero wifi and his traeger didn't connect to his new wifi.

What I ended up doing is on the eero side of things in the app.

1.You goto the eero app.
2.Then down to troubleshooting.
3.Then to my device won't connect.
4.Then you can temporarily Disable the 5ghz network for 15 min.
5.Then connect the grill and after 15 min ur 5ghz wifi comes back on.

After that the grill stays connected

Hope that helps

Alright,
I will post my detailed experience in resolving my connection from my Traeger on to my eero network.

Below are the items I am working with:
  • Traeger Silverton 620 (Costco Special Edition)
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • Eero Network: 2x eero Pros, 1x eero 6

Here are the steps I went through to resolve my connection issue. Keep in mind, before I went through my process, I tried everything listed on this forum. Here we go...
  1. I called eero and spoke to a rep where she advised that she noticed that my Traeger was trying to connect to my network but the signal was not strong enough to stay connected. Keep in mind that my eero 6 is right next to the window where my Traeger grill is located within 5 feet away. There is nothing blocking the signal.
  2. The eero rep then recommended reaching out to Traeger directly to see if they can help me resolve the problem. Eero is well aware of the Traeger situation as they get multiple calls about the same issue. (29 min call)
  3. I then called Traeger where they advised several ways to connect. After being on the phone for 104 minutes, below was my solution
    • Make sure all of your eero routers are up to date with the latest software
    • Reboot all of your eero networks
    • Powercycle the Traeger
    • Turn on Airplane mode on your iPhone with only the WiFi option on
    • Disable the eero advanced security settings (under the discover page)
    • Create a guest network on the eero app
    • Join the guest network on your iPhone and make sure all of your other WiFi networks have the "auto-join" option off
    • Turn the "auto-join" option on only on the eero guest network you just created
    • Go to the eero app, settings, go to the troubleshooting tab, click on "my device won't connect", turn Legace Mode on, and also temporarily pause 5 GHz for 15 minutes. This will activate only the 2.4 GHz band
    • From there go to the Traeger app and try to connect
    • Once the Traeger app is connected leave the guest network on the eero app
    • Go to your iPhone WiFi settings and join your main network back once again with the "auto-join" option on only for that network
This worked out for me. Hopefully, this helps someone out there as I have been trying to resolve this issue for over a year.

Last edited:
Back