primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
traeger-country-ribs.jpeg

Has anyone done Country Style Ribs on the Traeger? Looking for some different ideas on how to smoke/cook them.

I haven't yet. But I love that style of pork.
When I do I was considering doing the same method they do on the braided tenderloin. Using a different rub on three different pieces and then weaving them together. Might have to tie the ends to hold it while cooking. If you wanted you could also spiral a piece of bacon over it. Bacon makes everything better ?. I'd smoke it for a couple hours low to get some good smoke into it and then finish sear the sides of it when done to get a crust.
I haven't tried the above but that's my plan above when I do. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Well my wife took control today :)

We seasoned and decided to smoke for an hour at 200. At the one hour mark she sprayed with a little apple juice and covered. It's back on at 200 so we'll see how long they take. I like your idea of adding bacon next time!! We didn't have any on hard or we would tried that today.

traeger-country-ribs2.jpeg

I almost forgot to post the end result! Here they are! Not bad, next time I need to leave them uncovered longer for more smoke flavor.

traeger-country-ribs-2.jpeg

Those look nice. I hadn't ever thought of preparing them in a covered pan. You have given me another option
On my Weber kettle I would skewer them together and cook them similar to a chop. Hard to find them here that aren't pre-split, but that'dbe preferred by me.

New to Traeger, and late to the party on this post, but I followed Matt Pittman's Meat Church Country Style Ribs recipe/video (making some flavor subs to suit my taste and the crowd being fed), but they were perfect. Boneless CSR's from a pork butt, and ready in 3 hours. Everyone raved, and there were young ones crying as their parents made them leave for the night, "I want to eat that!"

New to Traeger, and late to the party on this post, but I followed Matt Pittman's Meat Church Country Style Ribs recipe/video (making some flavor subs to suit my taste and the crowd being fed), but they were perfect. Boneless CSR's from a pork butt, and ready in 3 hours. Everyone raved, and there were young ones crying as their parents made them leave for the night, "I want to eat that!"

that’s the way you want it…. Give the kids a doggie bag…..

Basically thick pork steaks cut into 2" strips, cook the same as pork steaks.
The longer they stay covered in foil once cooked, the more absolute tender they are.
Not floating in BBQ sauce but cooking in BBQ sauce. I'm not a fan of pineapple in or on any meat at all... but hey that's just me.

Back in the 80s, our annual 4th of July Fireworks Cookout would be pork steaks for 100 people cooked/smoked in a huge propane tank BBQ cooker. We used to have a fireworks display that would knock your socks off, cracked a driveway with a stun grenade.
We had our own "meat church" on that day, we worshiped Beer and Pork!!!
I'll bet Matt Pittman was still in diapers!!!

I remember when I was in JuCo back in 67 we were buying pork steak for 19 cents a pound. Cooked them in a skillet with some BBQ sauce and then fried some potatoes. Good eatin'.

Back