Can I Quick-Grill Sausages?

grill meister

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Hi...I've got the Silverton 810 and while I love the smoky flavors it produces, I'm a bit frustrated that I can't seem to fire this puppy up and grill/char some sausage dogs quickly. All the recipes I see promote the "slow and low" method. Do I just need to crank it up to 500 for a 15 minute quickie?

Do I just need to crank it up to 500 for a 15 minute quickie?

Sure, but the sausages won't be smoked, they will be just as cooked as on your gas grill only take longer.

Hi...I've got the Silverton 810 and while I love the smoky flavors it produces, I'm a bit frustrated that I can't seem to fire this puppy up and grill/char some sausage dogs quickly. All the recipes I see promote the "slow and low" method. Do I just need to crank it up to 500 for a 15 minute quickie?

375 is all you need for some quick sausages. If they are not already pre-cooked, remember to cook em to about 160 internal.

Hello,
I just recently got a Pro 780 and already have a natural gas Weber Genesis grill.
So a smoker and a grill. Two different animals...
If I want to smoke (cook slowly) the Traeger is my go-to. Why? Because the Weber cannot (easily) cook at low temps. Its just not designed to do that. But...it can be fired up and heated up very fast.
Arguably, the Traeger is not designed to fire up as fast to a high temperature like the Weber does. It just takes time and lots of pellets...
Traeger and other brands have enhanced the capability of the smokers by incorporating grilling capabilities. But, IMHO, it is pushing the limits of what smokers do.
So, each approach has its pros and cons.
I would like other forum member opinions on these views...

Puertex

Whenever we visit son at college or he comes home I smoke something for him. His college friends always ask what’s your Dad smoking for us. Smoked these at 300 degrees

Attachments

• 35475D1F-D00F-4AAB-BA53-0CE62E9C214F.jpeg
    35475D1F-D00F-4AAB-BA53-0CE62E9C214F.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 498C64BF-3AA7-4FA0-BAD7-797B2F40FBEE.jpeg
    498C64BF-3AA7-4FA0-BAD7-797B2F40FBEE.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 59
Back