Bottom shelf for Pro 780

Wayne55

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Finished the bottom shelf for our new Pro 780. Lots of good suggestions on the Mod forum.

IMG_0673.jpeg
IMG_0674.jpeg

That shelf looks awesome - can you share how you built it?
I measured from inside to inside the bottom lip of the end braces. I then ripped some scrap cedar fencing I had lying around into 3" strips and put a couple of cross pieces on it, painted black, unscrewed one end brace and slid it in and screwed the end brace back on.

I measured from inside to inside the bottom lip of the end braces. I then ripped some scrap cedar fencing I had lying around into 3" strips and put a couple of cross pieces on it, painted black, unscrewed one end brace and slid it in and screwed the end brace back on.

So the ends of the cedar planks aren't screwed in to the metal side panels? They're just wedged in?

So the ends of the cedar planks aren't screwed in to the metal side panels? They're just wedged in?

That's right!

The metal side panels have a 90degree angle bent (L) so the shelf rest on it. It’s a good idea if you’re needing storage space but if you’re like me it’ll have junk on it I need to trash. Lol

Latest Discussions

Back