Big Tex Elite temp issue

jayman_1975

Reaction score
Grill
Texas Elite
Hi there. I just recently picked up a lightly used Big Texas Elite. I am noticing that it doesn’t act the same as my old Lil Tex elite in the fact that once the temp hits 430 it cycles the auger on and off and will never hit 450 ever. Would I assume that the controller is acting funny or is this something that is common with this model?

Adding something like LavaLock under the lid might help hold some of the heat inside of the grill. Check that the smokestack on the chimney is installed correctly as well.

What does the controller on the Big Tex Elite look like? 375 and then "HIGH" is the next option up?

Adding something like LavaLock under the lid might help hold some of the heat inside of the grill. Check that the smokestack on the chimney is installed correctly as well.

What does the controller on the Big Tex Elite look like? 375 and then "HIGH" is the next option up?
Yup. 375 then “High”. As far as I have seen the “high” setting should run up to 450 but mine cuts the auger out when it gets to 430

Latest Discussions

Back