Another "no smoke" thread.

Dint

Reaction score
Grill
575 pro
I have a new 575 and I'm very dissapointed in regards to lack of smoke. I've been smoking meat for the last 30 years so I understand what blue smoke is. This grill will produce smoke during initial start up an that's it. I've tried setting it on it's lowest temp. and still no smoke or smoke flavor. I've tried several different brands of pellets and that's not the issue. Added a pellet snake to the smoking chamber and can't keep it from going out after I close the lid. I've tried placing it lower on the auger tube but eventually they will just all ignite at once. Has anyone ever tried cutting a vent in the smoking chamber to allow for more oxygen? I really want to like this grill but the whole idea of smoking meat is to be able to taste the smoke flavor. I already have a oven in the kitchen don't need another one outside and that is what I have now.

Key with a smoke tube is lighting it and letting it burn like a candle for 10 minutes before putting it in the Traeger. Elevating the open end with piece of wood helps the burn and keeps the pellets packed together. Both of my tubes (short & long) will burn completely when I use them this way. Thanks Slim or RustyJake!

1619655183312.png

Back