575 Delivered last week! build date 12/2020?

Beachfront71

Reaction score
Grill
Hello and thanks,

Had a question for the board on if this is normal or not?
Ordered a 575Pro from WMart last week and it was delivered on Friday.

Called in to Traeger today to ask some questions and during registration I found out the build date on this was Dec of 2020.

That seemed a little odd so was wondering...

1. Has anything changed on this model in the last 2 years or is it primarily SW updates which would be fine ...

Traeger said it is the same as the current ones being sold but will need a firmware update once up and running ... I thought I read somewhere during research that they made some improvements on the 575 since its intro in 2019 that was not SW related.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Others more familiar with the grills may chime in here but to my knowledge the big change was the addition of the D2 controller, which you should have. Other than that it's really S/W changes only.

During COVID lockdowns, a lot of stuff manufactured in China was stuck either in China, on ships traveling between China and the West Coast, off the ports waiting to be unloaded, and in warehouses waiting to be distributed around the USA. Thus, I am not surprised to see a manufacturing date of Dec. 2020.

Agreed on covid but 2 yrs seems a bit extreme-

I am not concerned if the only thing different is the firmware version... just didn't want to miss out on any feature enhancements..

As long as you have the D2 controller, you should be OK. Once you hook the controller up to your WiFI router, the controller should check for firmware updates.

My guess is that Walmart had an excessive amount of these in inventory somewhere. Or acquired a large amount of them from someone for cheap. They had them marked down to $499 last week for a few days. Back to $899 now.

But the only difference is the firmware. You're good to go.

Latest Discussions

Back